Tönnies is committed to action
Continuation of t30 Sustainability Strategy
Rheda-Wiedenbrück, 23 June 2020 – The Tönnies Group has decided to continue with their t30 Sustainability Strategy. As already announced at the start of 2020, the key areas of Work, Living and Protection of Resources will now be further developed through specific resolutions by the company management. Clemens Tönnies already announced last Saturday “We will not continue in this way”.
Now, the specific resolutions of the market leader:
- Abolition of work contracts in all core areas of meat production – direct employment of these employees within the Tönnies Group
- Rapid development of adequate and appropriate accommodation for the employees of the Group at the sites
- Comprehensive digital time recording at all German sites within the Group
- Integration programme for improving social acceptance at our sites
- Education and training programme with a focus on employees joining the Group
The specified regulations will be addressed with immediate effect and should be valid from 01 January 2021 wherever possible.
“We want to continue to produce meat in Germany in the future. But to do so, we need public acceptance” said Clemens Tönnies. “This is true for all chains in meat production and explicitly includes agriculture”.